Many businesses in Canada are currently hiring fruit packers, as well as workers for food and beverage packing positions.
If you are a foreign worker looking for job opportunities in Canada and want to pursue a career in the fruit and food packing industries, carefully read the job details provided below and apply for any suitable role.
Various Packing Jobs Available in Canada
There are numerous packing job openings in Canada, including scenario packer, carton packer, grocery store packer, vegetable packer, fruit packer, cookie packer, food packer, biscuits packer, meatpacker, apple packer, strawberry packer, and more.
We strive to provide a wide range of packaging positions that may be suitable for you. Explore the latest food and fruit packing job opportunities in Canada for international workers, newcomers, and experienced individuals, with details on qualifications, companies, experience, and salary.
Details of Food Packer and Fruit Packing Jobs in Canada 2023
The role of a food packer involves stacking and placing products into appropriate containers and preparing them for transportation using various tools.
Before placing items in containers, it is necessary to clean and prepare them.
- Company: Agriculture
- Job Role: Packer Jobs in Canada: New Fruit & Food Packing Jobs Openings
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Job Type: Full Time
- Minimum Education: High School / Secondary
- Job Category: Packer Jobs in Canada: New Fruit & Food Packing Jobs Openings
- Gender: Male/Female
- Nationality: Selective
- Minimum Experience: 1-2 Years
- Job Location: Toronto
- State: Toronto
- Country: Canada
- Salary: CAD 3000-5000
- Benefits: Will be discussed in the interview
- Hiring By: Employer
- Site: Multiple areas in Canada
- Project Type: Full-Time/Part-Time
- Operating Hours: 36 Hours&; 40 Hours per week
- Job Vacancies: 680+ positions
- Compensation: $14-$20 per hour (depending on the employer)
- Foreign Language Skills: English/French
- Experience: Preferred
- Job Benefits for Packer Jobs in Canada:
- 401K Plan
- Pension Plan
- Health and Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Vision Care Benefits
- Dental Benefits
- Group Insurance Benefits
- Attractive Salary
- Overtime Allowances
- Annual Bonus
- Food and Accommodation Allowance
- Medical & Insurance
- Common salary growth is 10% according to Canada Government rules.
Amazing Food, Fruit & Vegetable Packer Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
Below are some recently available packer jobs in Canada. If you are interested, please submit a job application through the provided procedure.
How to Apply for Packer Job Vacancies?
To apply for any of the listed job openings, click on the “Apply Now” link. You will be directed to the official JobBank career portal of the Government of Canada. Read the job details thoroughly and click the “Show How to Apply” button.
There, you will find the necessary company information, such as email address, mailing address, or application link. Follow the provided instructions to complete the application process. Keep checking this page for future packer job opportunities.
Primary Requirements of Packer Jobs in Canada
- Education: No degree, diploma, or certificate required.
- Experience: Previous experience is an asset.
- Specific Skills:
- Work in a team with shared responsibilities.
- Remove packed containers from conveyors.
- Manually pack goods into bags, boxes, or other containers.
- Load and unload processing equipment.
- Clean equipment and work area.
- Inspect products and packaging for quality defects.
- Assist process control and machine operators.
- Transport materials and finished products.
- Measure and unload ingredients into mixing and grinding machines.
Tasks and Responsibilities of Food Packer
- Handle materials and products manually.
- Conduct basic quality control checks, such as measuring, weighing, and testing strength.
- Fold, tape, label, and package items according to instructions.
- Possess knowledge of commonly-used principles, methods, and procedures in the field.
- Follow directions and established guidelines to perform job functions.
- Work under immediate supervision.
- Identify and label containers, package tags, or items using marking tools.
- Measure, weigh, and count materials and products.
- Inspect and assess containers, materials, and products to ensure packaging specifications are met.
- Record order, product, and packaging information on provided forms and reports.
- Remove finished or defective products, placing them on conveyors or designated areas.
- Seal containers or products using adhesives, staples, nails, or hand tools.
- Load products and items into packaging machinery.
- Assemble, line, and pad containers and crates using hand tools.
- Clean containers, materials, supplies, or work areas using cleaning solutions and hand tools.
- Transport packages to customers’ vehicles.
- Place or pour items or materials into containers using hand tools and equipment, or fill containers from spouts or chutes.
- Retrieve, move, and organize various items, materials, containers, and orders using hand tools.
If you are seeking easy job opportunities in Canada, consider fruit packing and food packing positions. Various companies are hiring packers in these industries. Take advantage of the job details provided above and apply for suitable positions. Stay updated for future packer job openings.